Tuesday, October 22, 2013

iPhone Blogging Update On The Boys

So I'm sitting in our glorious hot tub for the first time of the season, and let me tell you- it is divine! Unfortunately the jet-lagging hubby is passed out on the couch, and not partying with me. Such a bum! After a long trip to Russia and me solo momming it, I am seriously pooped. Thought I would pop in and update the world on my little pumpkins.

Today I did a combo 30 month and 12 month check up for the boys, and despite Max being in apparent lung failure with a horrendous cough, it went pretty okay. He isn't sick at all, but this cough keeps coming back after a really bad bout of croup. The doctor said he is pretty much 90% sure he is coming off of being a bubble boy aka "first child not in daycare syndrome". He hasn't been exposed to much, and its hard to get sick for the first time at 2.5 years old! Levi on the other hand seems to coast through illness, so there is nothing wrong with living outside the bubble! Poor Max, I see him coughing and thrashing on the monitor now :(

I really wanted to revel in Levi being 1 today, and soak up his "big" appointment, but unfortunately it didn't happen that way, and that's okay. To him shots would stink no matter what, and he got 4! It was quite the scene with me holding Levi down, and Max screaming "what is happenin to baby LiLiiiiii!!" Quite the scene. Then I forgot to finish filling out my form about toxic chemical exposure, and while Max was taking his shirt off (not part of his exam) Levi was throwing Goldfish at the doctor saying "uh-oh" right in from of the bold print "NO FOOD OR DRINKS IN EXAM ROOMS."

All chaos aside; the boys did great and I am so thankful they are doing well! We got a good report, and they are both trucking right along. We do have to start Max on a round of steroids, and if that doesn't work, chest X-rays. I just want him to have relief. He is so exhausted! They also did pretty much tactfully tell me Levi is too fat for his height, but that he will slim down when he starts walking! I chuckled! He eats healthy, but massive helpings.. His proportions don't look that off to me. Poor short, big headed fatty that I love!

Levi at 12 months is:

Height: 30.5 inches (48%)
Weight: 24.8 pounds (50th-70th)
Head: 48 (75th-90th)

Max at 30 months is:

Height: 40 inches (literally wrote "off chart" on paper)
Weight: 35.8 pounds (90th-97th) which is funny bc he's a string bean.
No longer measure head, but I assure you it would be "off chart"

Here's the bummer about Max's height. We bought season tickets to the Rockets and assumed the kids would be free. The ticket agent said the rule is anyone under 3 feet so we should have no problem with a two year old. Wrong! They better make an exception. We are so excited to take him for FREE! Ain't nobody got money to pay for a two year old sporting event. Especially our crazy man.

Oh yes. The doctor asked me about Max's verbal skills which are actually great. He refused to talk. When he finally did all he said was "wa wa wa I a baby, goo goo baa baa" or something along those lines. The doctor gave an awkward laugh and wrote something on his paper. Oh toddlers.

Okay, heading to bed. Have a feeling it might be a long night with my poor coughing boy. Very thankful for them today, and don't take their health and development for granted for one second! Pocture


No comments: