Sunday, January 20, 2013

Family Movie Night

We had our first family movie night this past Friday night, and it was so much fun! I have always seen other people blog about their cute little movie nights with their kiddos, and thought I would have to wait years before Max would sit through a movie. Boy was I wrong! We've just started letting him watch actual movies in the evening every now and again, and if you pick the right one (usually something involving singing animals, or dinosaurs) he will be a captive audience for a good couple of hours.


We had a Chilis gift card, so we ordered dinner, made a pallet in the living room upstairs and just hung out as a family. A certain little someone has been on an nighttime sleeping strike, so a low key evening of no cooking or dishes was required for my sanity. We rented Madagascar-Europe's Most Wanted  and it was a hit. Cody and I even laughed out loud a few times. Kid's movies are funny these days. 


 Levi just hung out in his nap nappy happy as a clam. Can you tell I haven't been sleeping, ha! I look lovely. Max is on a major eating kick these days too, and scarfed an order of quesadillas (or dias as he calls them), 3 oranges, an order or fried apples, a full portion of mac' n cheese, and broccoli. Love that he is eating. For a while he was boycotting anything that wasn't a carb, or resembling cookies or cake. I was having to put the word cookie in front of everything in attempts to trick him. Somehow though, me saying "Max, do you want some cookie green beans" wasn't fooling anyone. 

 This sweet boy loves being with his family, and telling us everything that comes into his little mind. He knew all the names of the animals on the movie, would dance and dance when a song came on, and would yell nooo when the bad guys tried to capture the animals. I think he just thinks he is one of the adults, and I love it. He was such a big boy just sitting on the ground with us, using his utensils. 


 I hope we can start to develop little family rituals like this one, and continue to create more memories like Friday night. I want the boys to have fun things they look forward to doing with us, and hopefully will always (or for a long time to come) enjoy hanging out with us! I will cry the day Max decided I'm not cool, and doesn't want to give me hugs and kisses. 


 It's so true that you don't have to spend money to have family fun, and something as simple as a Red Box movie and Chili's take out definitely made my weekend. I'm very thankful for my family, even if they're causing me to get no sleep these days. I hope everyone has a great week. I start back to work on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons for the first time is almost three years! Scary!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this post! I read it twice!! Can Aunt KK & Uncle L come over for the next family movie night!? I love that he calls them "dias" too! He is so cute. I will be sad when he starts to call everything by its full name! Oh, and sitting indian style with his fork....dying over here with the cuteness!!!!!!