Thursday, March 28, 2013

It's Still Dark

So my youngest little man has decided that he now likes to start the day before the sun. This is going to be an adjustment for me because up until now we have been a sleeping in kind of family! I'm talking 9-10 o'clock people. I knew my luck would run out. I think I might be able to get used to this if I can start getting in bed earlier at night.

There is something to be said about starting your day earlier, and getting you act together, opposed to the usual scramble that we have become accustomed to. For the first time EVER since Levi has been born I have made breakfast and coffee for myself, paid bills, fed him, folded laundry, and watched Good Morning America all by 8 a.m. I usually run round until noon before I eat or drink anything.

So some positives to being up at the crack of dawn:

1. I can enjoy Levi without the tornado child swirling around us
2. I can have some semi-quite time to myself
3. We can make Chick-fil-A breakfast (if Max is up in time). Yes this is a big deal.
4. I can shower and get ready because Levi doesn't try to jump in with me or throw electronics in the water unlike another little member of this family.
5. Like I said before, I can pay bills and get more organized
6. I can do a couple chores like unload the dishwasher, or laundry

Some of the negatives to being up at the crack of dawn:

1. I am TIRED
2. Levi now naps when Max is waking up, so we are house bound all morning. Not loving this.
3. I have to make myself get in bed early, and Cody and I love a good late movie night.
4. Early wake up means early bedtime, which limits in in the evening. We can't go out to dinner, to church, or to friends houses late. I remember this REALLY bothering me when Max was a baby and he did an early bedtime.
5. Cody only gets around 30 minutes with Levi EVER in a 24 hour period.

Okay. I can do this! Happy Thursday!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh nug!! You can do it! If you want some late night company the Agan fam can haul over our little brood very soon! We can take advantage of that infant phase before they know they aren't actually in their house and will sleep anywhere! Hang in there! :)